Outside Sales Representative – Healthy Circadian LED Lighting
CIRCADIAN® Light. – Houston TX and surrounding territory
$200,000+ per year potential ($60,000 a year plus uncapped 10% sales commissions)
Opportunity to join our team selling breakthrough CIRCADIAN Light fixtures that remove harmful blue light at night and provide performance-boosting blue-rich light during the day.
We have an immediate opening for an outside sales representative based in Houston TX. The ideal candidate will be responsible for representing, promoting, and selling CIRCADIAN ® Light products to the managers of 24-hour operations, and other businesses operating evening or night hours.
You will sell directly to end-users (petrochemical, pipeline, utility, manufacturing, security, healthcare, emergency services, call centers, nursing homes etc.), and to the General Contractors, Electrical Contractors, Architects and Lighting Specifiers who serve those end-users. You will educate and motivate champions in health and safety, operations, plant and control rooms, who have employees at risk from blue-rich light at night and are concerned about worker productivity health and safety.
It’s a mission you can believe in.
- We solve the major health problem with conventional LED lighting: The blue-rich light in most LED and fluorescent fixtures on the market today increases obesity, diabetes, heart disease risks, and causes up to a 50-65% higher rate of breast cancer, prostate and gastrointestinal cancers when used in the late evening or at night (dusk to dawn). This serious health problem is now recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), American Medical Association (AMA) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- We deliver high quality white light with 24/7 safe control of the Bio-Active Blue levels to boost alertness, productivity, and health and prevent circadian rhythm disruption.
- CIRCADIAN Light fixtures are autonomous, easily installed by any electrician and provide high quality white light with the optimal bio-active blue levels based on time of day, season, and location
We are seeking a long-term career minded individual looking to become part of a rapidly growing company. This position will lead to a rewarding regional management position. We have a great training program and provide a competitive compensation package with $200,000 potential your first year.
- Prospecting qualified leads, cold calling, leveraging your territory and network to generate quote opportunities for CIRCADIAN Light fixtures.
- Consult with managers of 24-hour businesses in person to understand pain points and build customized lighting solutions to fit their needs.
- Meet with clients (in person and via the phone) to effectively manage the sale, delivery and support of products and solutions.
- Attend and participate in end-user industry meetings, business reviews and planning sessions on a regular basis.
- Work with the Marketing Department to schedule product education events which include, but are not limited to lunch and learns, workshops, seminars and shows, VIP events, etc.
- Complete all communication and quoting responsibilities on time and submit all written reports as assigned to meet deadlines.
- 2+ years of lighting sales preferred AND/OR
- 2+ years of sales experience of health and safety solutions in one or more of the following industries: petrochemical, pipeline, utility, manufacturing, security, healthcare, emergency services, nursing homes and other commercial, industrial and service operations.
- Ability to prioritize and organize duties/tasks, handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with business owners and senior managers.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to complete orders in an accurate and thorough manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain professional business relationships.
- Ability to identify sales opportunities, make presentations and close the sale..
- Negotiation skills and techniques.
- Professional and groomed appearance a must.
- Valid driver's license; access to properly registered and insured vehicle.
- Requires daily local travel within assigned territory and periodic overnight travel for training and tradeshow attendance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year plus 10% uncapped sales commission
- Houston, TX